Whoo. That turned into quite a pause, huh? I’m not really sure what happened, but a week off for the holidays quickly turned into many weeks, then months, and now here we are: eight months and nearly two seasons later. At this point I’m honestly not sure where this blog is headed, what will fill my posts, or how often I will write. I do know that I have missed this space. Therefore, I am going to wade back in, slowly and thoughtfully, searching for my voice.
While it might be tough to catch up on everything that has changed in the past
few several months, I thought I would attempt a brief update and recap nonetheless.
Our 2013 (so far):
- Cal and I both celebrated turning 31 with practically no pomp or circumstance. I’m pretty sure that’s a rule once you become a parent, so yay us!
- Madeline had a babysitter for the first time. Okay, it was a close friend, and our sweetie slept almost the entire time, but it definitely counts! Cal and I went to see Nick Offerman’s show and it was hilarious-obviously. I actually might have enjoyed it more than Cal, which is slightly ironic because the tickets were a present for his aforementioned uneventful birthday.
- I ran my first 10K (hopefully replacing a former St. Patty’s Day tradition in Columbia, SC with a much healthier one).
- Miss Madley started walking! It took fifteen months, but she hasn’t stopped since.
- We bid farewell to NYC…
- …and are making our new home in Raleigh, NC
- We took a wonderful family vacation to St. Augustine, Florida with Cal’s parents and siblings.
- Madeline decided she has way too much to talk about these days to spend anymore time nursing. As Rosewood Elementary School’s “Best Conversationalist”, class of 1993, I could relate, and completely understood.
- Cal and I celebrated our three year anniversary with a night in: a delicious steak and a couple beers. It was perfect.
- We said good-bye to Cal’s grandmother, a very special lady who was greatly loved and will be sorely missed.
- My sister Mimi started her final year of college, my sister Hannah began her first, and my little brother Spencer is a freshman in high school, officially making me old. But not really.
So now you’re caught up on all things Watson…the highlight reel at least.