Sweet potatoes are good for you. And oh-so yummy. I like them baked, steamed, mashed, and fried. With honey and cinnamon, or spiced with red pepper, there are many ways to enjoy a good ole, healthy sweet potato. Unfortunately, my very favorite sweet potatoes aren’t easy to prepare at home, nor are they very healthy. But do not be deterred because I have perfected the at-home sweet potato fry. They may pale in comparison to their deep fried counterpart, but trust me, these are worth making. Not only is this version way healthier, it’s super easy to make.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise, then sliced into 1/8 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 400
2. Wash and cut potatoes
3. Soak potato slices for 15 minutes
4. Drain and dry potatoes
5. Toss potatoes in olive oil with salt and pepper until well coated
6. Spread the potatoes on a foiled cookie sheet in one layer
7. Bake the potatoes for about 15 minutes, turn and bake an additional 10 minutes until lightly browned
8. Let cool, serve, and enjoy
That’s it! Simple and delicious. These baked fries are perfect paired with any meat, a veggie burger, or on their own as a snack. Yum! I hope these will be an excellent addition to one of your meals this weekend.
Stay tuned for a special post coming this afternoon. Teachers be sure to revisit later today!