I have the perfect drink recipe to start your weekend off right, but first our blog giveaway winner is…
Thank you to everyone who commented, tweeted, and liked Must-Have Love on Facebook! Come back soon, as I have more giveaways in the works. And in the meantime, for all of you who fell in love with the Organizing Utility Tote, or want to check out other Thirty One products, visit Sarah’s page here.
Now onto the booze…only kidding. Sort of.
This week’s Foodie Friday post is in honor of National Tequila Day, which was Tuesday. Sadly, I didn’t know such a day existed until it was too late to celebrate. Clearly the best way to remedy that is with a make-up day and this:
My preferred way to enjoy tequila is in a margarita. I like mine lightly sweetened, extra limey, on the rocks, with salt. I’m not a fan of most mixes, so I usually make my own margs at home. And I love a nice spicy kick from time to time. The best way to achieve that is by adding fresh jalapeno. The pepper creates an amazing balance that I love. It’s cold and refreshing with smooth and subtle background heat. Mmmm…Oh.So.Good.
Here’s my fool-proof recipe for a winning Jalapeno Margarita:
- 3 oz. tequila of your choice
- 1.5 oz. orange liqueur
- 4 thinly sliced jalapeno rings (from a fresh jalapeno)
- juice of 3 limes, plus a couple slices to garnish
- 1/2 cup of lemon lime club soda
- course salt, optional
1. Fill 2 salt-rimmed glasses with ice.
2. Pour tequila and orange liqueur into a shaker. Add jalapeno slices and muddle with the alcohol. Include the seeds for an extra spicy margarita.
3. Shake well, then strain the contents of the shaker evenly into two ice-filled glasses.
4. Divide the fresh squeezed lime juice between the two margaritas.
5. Top with club soda, stir and enjoy!
I hope your weekend starts with this recipe-is it happy hour yet?