Are you a Birchbox subscriber? If not, do you know what you’re missing?
I learned about Birchbox a couple months ago when my husband shared the brilliant concept with me (he works for a New York based start-up company and heard about Birchbox, another local start-up, through office buzz). It sounded like something I would love, so I checked out their website and I was right-I immediately knew I wanted my monthly box of beauty as soon as possible.
Birchbox is a subscription club that sends you a variety of cosmetic samples each month. For $10, you get a taste of all sorts of beauty products, from high-end brands, to hot new colors or fads you haven’t heard of yet. It’s awesome for someone like me-a former make-up junkie whose collection of eye shadows has been replaced with nursing bras and teething toys. If I’m being perfectly honest, many of my days are spent on the floor with my infant, bare faced. Remembering to apply moisturizer is considered a success sometimes. With Birchbox I feel like I can stay in the loop and discover great new products that I can try before committing to. Some things I will like, some not so much, but what makes it worth buying for me is not having to find time to check out what’s new in the beauty world. Getting a new box every 30 days now satisfies that fix. No more hours flipping through the pages of Vogue, but I will take what I can get. That’s why I Birchbox, but I’m pretty sure I would have jumped to subscribe even if I still spent my weekends absorbed in magazines, scouring Sephora.com, or browsing cosmetic counters everywhere I went.
Here is what I got in my May box:
1. Color Club Nail Polish in Disco Nap-So fun! Can’t wait to get this on my little piggies.
2. Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB Cream-I have tried and love this all-in-one tinted moisturizer. Pretty sure it’s going to be my first Birchbox purchase. Perfect for everyday.
3. Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner-I love Stila products, so no surprise I am a fan of this liner. It’s super easy to apply and stays put. The bright sparkly blue is probably not going to make many appearances, but I tried it and will likely buy a less youthful color soon.
4. Kerastase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide-This serum might be just the boost my hair needs! I haven’t used it yet, but I am excited to add some shine to my locks for sure. As a bonus, the box included the Keratase shampoo and conditioner, which I’m saving for next week when we’re traveling.
5. A cute stationary note card was enclosed as an extra as well, which I will surely send someone because I just love handwritten notes from time to time.
Clearly I am loving Birchbox. My first box really fit my likes, and I think accurately reflects the profile I filled out when I joined. I’m already excited to see what’s coming next month!
So, are you a Birchbox member? Want to be? Sign-up now!